- 2 lb carrots, halved lengthwise
- ½ lb large shallots (about 6)
- 2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbs fresh orange juice
- 1 ½ tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 tbs chopped cilantro
- 2 tbs chopped pistachios, toasted
Preheat oven to 400 F. On a large baking sheet, toss carrots, shallots, oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Spread evenly.
Roast, stirring once until tender, 35-40 minutes. Sprinkle with orange and limes juices and cilantro. Toss. Serve hot or at room temperature. Top with nuts before serving.
PER SERVING: 101 calories, 4 grams fat, 4 grams fiber,2 grams protein, 17 grams carb228 milligrams sodium