Looking to lose weight? There’s an app for that! Looking to gain muscle mass? There’s an app for that too! Whether we embrace it or not, we are living through a technological revolution (Come on, our children have phones before they hit puberty!) With that being said, here are the top fitness apps to keep you on track towards healthy, fit, and happy! (If ya can’t beat it, join it!)
- C25K– Couch-to-five-k is an app designed to take beginner runners through an 8-week training program that will get them running in no time! There’s even an audio coach to motivate you through it all! Free for iOS and Android users.
- Runtastic Six Pack Abs– Sculpting a tight tummy has never been easier with this app! You can select
a virtual trainer, choose from a list of workouts, and even watch slow-mo videos to make sure you understand each move! Free for iOS and Android users.
- Sworkit– Finding time to workout is not an easy feat. That’s where this app comes in. Designed with the busy-bees in mind, you can choose any workout and modify the duration. You can either select workouts based off what you’re in the mood for (strength, cardio, yoga, or stretching) or customize your own. Free for iOS and Android users.
- MapMyFitness- Just when we thought things couldn’t get better, Google Fit and Apple’s Health Kit joined forces! This app will maintain a weight and food log! Not to mention its easy-to-use interface that allows you to raise the intensity through challenges! Free for iOS and Android users.
- MyFitnessPal– Yet another great tool for calculating food intake! This app does an exceptional job at recording and managing everything you drink, eat, and sweat! Over time, the app will get to know your diet and help you select items you might like! Free for iOS and Android users.
- HealthyOut– Who said eating out can’t be a healthy venture? Well, tell whoever it is they’re wrong! This super neat app allows you to input your dietary restrictions, allergies, and dislikes and will actually display local restaurants that meet your criteria! Free for iOS and Android users.
What’s your favorite fitness app?
By: Rebecca Nathan