It goes without saying water is an essential ingredient in life and wellness! It is also well-known that health can be quite complicated. Drink this, eat that, make sure you do this… Health is a fickle topic, but the benefits of water will never change. While you may know why water plays such a vital role in our wellness, do you know when to drink it for maximum effect? Here’s a list of reasons why water should be the first and last thing you drink every day.
- Kick starts your metabolism– For the best results, you should drink water first thing in the morning. Yes, that means even before you eat or sip your coffee! Chilled water in the a.m. boosts your metabolism by at least 20% by raising your resting metabolic rate.
- Enhances your natural, beautiful glow– Water helps to cleanse your body of toxins, which helps make your skin glow!
- Renews your cells– When you drink water in the morning, cells are being produced at a faster rate. What this really means is more blood cells are created, which helps with feeding your muscles.
- Assists in weight loss– Your metabolism plays a huge role in weight loss and water is the most efficient way to safely increase your digestive juices!
- Wades off dehydration– Since more than half of the human body is made up of water, dehydration is unfortunately no stranger. Starting off the day with water is a great begin on the right foot!
- Keeps you fuller, longer– When unwanted cravings come along, water can be a superb substitute by making us full. In the morning, water can actually help to kick your coffee craze!
How much water do you drink in the morning? Drop a comment!
By: Rebecca Nathan