Perhaps you’re familiar with the adage, “it’s all in your head”? Well, now it really will be! We have devised a short checklist for you to repeat, remember, and recall! Be sure to take a mental picture so the next time you’re getting ready to squat, your mind and body will be prepared.
- Feet are hip-distance apart
- Toes are pointed slightly out
- Back, neck and spine are in a neutral position
- Weight is in the heels (A good test would be maintaining a flat foot during your exercise)
- Knees are pushing out, tracking slightly over the toes
- Recover and relax so you can do it again soon!
Have you perfected your squat? Let us know!
By: Rebecca Nathan